Commercial/Business Auto Liability Insurance
If your company has vehicles, you need commercial auto liability insurance. Getting the right amount of liability protection in place will help you to protect your assets in the event of an accident. It is important to know that your personal auto insurance won’t cover your business vehicles. So, whether your business has one vehicle or a fleet of trucks, vans, be sure to get adequate liability coverage. Your business is liable for accidents that you or your employees may cause; liability insurance will protect your company from a resulting liability claim or lawsuit.
As a business owner, you will need commercial vehicle insurance for every vehicle in your fleet, as well as coverage for all of your drivers. Linda A. Christ Insurance provides business auto protection for virtually every type of business. Our experienced agents will help you sort through the many options and create a policy that fits your specific business needs.
What does my business auto policy include?
Typically, a business auto insurance policy carries the same basic types of coverages that you would carry on your personal vehicle insurance. Though similar, a policy for commercial car, truck, van, SUV and other business vehicles may differ in many ways, with many possible variations and options, depending upon your business circumstances and needs. Most business auto liability coverage usually includes:
- Bodily Injury Liability Coverage:Pays damages due to bodily injury to others for which you are responsible. If you are sued, it also pays your defense and court costs.
- Property Damage Liability Coverage:covers damage that you cause to someone else’s vehicle or property up to the limits of your policy. If you are sued, it also pays your defense and court costs.
- Personal Injury/Medical Payments Coverage:pays for injuries to you and your passengers and can cover lost wages, medical payments, and even funeral expenses, depending upon your policy terms.
- Collision Coverage:pays for damage to your business automobile during an accident according to the terms of your policy.
- Comprehensive Coverage:pays for theft or damage to your car, truck, van… caused by something other than a collision up to the limits of your policy.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage:Pays for injuries, and in some circumstances property damage, when you are involved in an accident with another person who is uninsured or whose available limits are less than the limits you chose to carry for this coverage.
Make sure you have adequate Commercial Auto Liability insurance
Business owners often put their valuable company assets at risk without even realizing it. Let the experts at Linda A. Christ Insurance evaluate your needs and determine how much coverage makes sense for your company’s size, assets and risk. Here are some of the most serious risks you face if you don’t have the right commercial auto liability:
- Your business may be breaking the law.Your state has minimum requirements for commercial vehicle liability insurance. Be sure to get the mandatory coverage in place. If you rely on a personal vehicle policy when driving a limo, taxi, bus or commercial truck, there is a good chance you are breaking state law.
- Your business investments and assets may be at risk.If you are like most business owners, you have made a significant investment in your vehicles. Without the proper business auto liability policy, your company may need to pay a significant amount, out of pocket, for restitution for a claim or lawsuit.
You have many options and variations to consider for your business vehicle coverage. Let the experienced and knowledgeable professionals at Linda A. Christ Insurance make the process an easy one. We’re happy to review your current policy and make suggestions to limit your exposure. Contact us today to discuss your business and specific commercial auto liability needs.